Friday, November 11, 2005

I'm Not Skeered

I discovered today that Drama Queen's hamster has taken The Big Jump. And not out of the cage, either. At least it had water, so I know it didn't die from dehydration. She told us yesterday that she had fed him, and the large pile of food that she had stockpiled on top of the cage is gone, so I assume she's not lying. Of course, she also told us a few days ago that he had water, and I filled the bone-dry water bottle myself that evening. And I just bought the stupid thing it's 4th(!) running wheel on Tuesday. Don't think I quite got my money's worth out of that one. The first hamster lived in a cool tunnel-heaven cage (This one used to until he chewed it up and had to be put in the plain ol' aquarium cage. But I digress.). I discovered the first hamster's demise (why am I always the one who discovers them?) and realized he was partially in the tube and partially in the tower. Now there was no way in the world I was going to try to dislodge the thing, especially since rigor mortis had already set in. Ewww! That meant I would have to touch it. Not a chance of that EVER happening! So I did what any normal rodent-fearing woman would do. I went in search of any neighbors of the male persuasion who happened to be home from work at 1:00 in the afternoon. Nope. But then I got a brilliant idea. I called my sister, the vet-in-training. Not only did she come over and dispose of it, she actually Carried. It. Out. And not in the tube either. Gah! But do I need to call on my sister again today for another rodent disposal? No! Why not, you ask? Because unlucky hamster #2 is in the aquarium cage. I can take it out and dump myself. Am I brave or what?

Posted @ 1:35 PM ~ 0 comments

Post a Comment