Thursday, January 04, 2007

Off and Running

I was asleep, enjoying every snore-free moment since The Hubster was already gone to work. My sleep was interrupted by the doorbell, followed immediately by my dogs barking incessantly. I flew out of bed and scrambled to throw on some clothes, any clothes, all the while thinking "What day is it? What. Day. Is. It?!?!"

Turns out it was 7:30 this morning, which is, of course, Thursday. A work day. I had two children standing on my front porch waiting for me to open the door so their parents could go to work. Karate Kid's ride was waiting out front to take him to school. Except he was still in bed sound asleep too. I ran in to wake him up, and he convinced me to let him stay home since he hadn't been feeling well anyway. Worked for me!

As soon as everyone got in the door, I went to put in my contacts--and scratched my eye. I am now wearing my glasses that I got when either Karate Kid or Drama Queen was born. I'm not sure which child it was, but I know they are 9 years old at a minimum, but more likely 12 years old. And let me tell you, stylish they are not.

Today was only the second day ever that I've had to take one of the girls to preschool. Thankfully my friend met me there and stayed in the parking lot so I could just run her in without having to take everyone in with me. The down side was that we had to wait for one little boy to be dropped off at the house before we could go. He arrived (late) with a dirty diaper. It took us an hour to get all of the errands run, so we were treated to the refreshing aroma of Ode de Poop the entire time.

So that's the joy that has been my day. How about you? I bet yours seems much better now by comparison, doesn't it? What can I say? I'm just that kind of friend.


powered by performancing firefox


Posted @ 1:04 PM ~ 5 comments

Post a Comment