Sunday, January 15, 2006

I'm Family'd Out

Enough. I give. Uncle. I'm waving the white flag. Please, no more get-togethers with The Hubster's family for awhile!

And someone please tell me what is wrong with this: My sil told me today that my mil was complaining last week that my kids hang all over me. What? Doesn't she understand that they are very intimidated at her house, so they stick by me so they can feel relatively safe? She told my sil that she is "always telling them to leave your mother alone." Liar, liar, pants on fire. She has never, to my knowledge, ever said that to them.

First of all, they don't hang on me. Yes, they sit by me when the come into the room, and Drama Queen likes to climb into my lap sometimes. So what?! I'll take it while I can get it. It won't be too long before they won't want to have anything to do with me for a few years (sob). Besides, what's wrong with them "hanging" on me? It's not like I'm breastfeeding my 8 and 11yo. "Come here, honey, do you want a little snack?"

I guess if that's the worst she can accuse us of, we're in pretty good shape!

Posted @ 4:20 PM ~ 1 comments

Post a Comment