Tuesday, January 10, 2006

She's Got a Plan

Last week when I was taking Drama Queen and her friend to gymnastics, they had the following conversation:

Friend: I want to be a teacher when I grow up. What do you want to be?

Drama Queen: A vet.

Friend: Oh, you don't want--what kind? Like in the army?

Drama Queen: What? A veterinarian.

Friend: But what kind? Like someone that's been in the army?

Me: No, that's a veteran. She wants to be a veterinarian. An animal doctor.

Drama Queen: If I'm not a vet, I want to...(pause to think) I know! My dad knows how to build buildings and stuff and put in lights and things like that, so I'm going to have him do that. I'm going to sit at my desk and put my feet up on it. And I'm going to have a chair with wheels on it. I'm going to say, "Hey! Get me a sandwich!" and Get me a drink!"

Always thinking, that one.

Hey! It's National Delurking Week. No more hiding. Leave a comment, even if you've never been here before.



Posted @ 2:08 PM ~ 3 comments

Post a Comment