Friday, January 13, 2006

Yawn

I am so tired of being tired all. the. time. The Hubster is tired of it too (wink). I've decided that I have to get more sleep in order to be able to function. I've done an okay job of it this week, but I still haven't quite got it to where it needs to be.

Case in point: A friend and I meet at 5:45 each morning to walk (Yes, I know that's the reason I'm so tired. Shut up.). We made plans last night to walk at the park again instead of at her house like we've done for the past couple of days. I woke up this morning at 5:40. Did you catch that? Yep, 5 minutes before I was supposed to be there. I tried calling her cell, but she had turned it off. I didn't want to call her house phone and wake everybody up, so I just hurried as fast as I could.

So I flew over to her house...and she didn't meet me out front like she normally does. I went up to the door, knocking as quietly as I could, all the while hoping fervently that she had fallen back to sleep and we would cancel our walk. No answer. I could see a small light on in her kitchen, so I knew she had been up at one point. Knock again. No answer. Just when I was really getting my hopes up that I was going to get to go home and crawl back in bed, my cell phone rang.

Friend: Are you coming?
Me: Yes, I'm here on your front porch.
Friend: You're on my porch?
Me: Yes, I've been knocking.
Friend: Oh, I'm sure hubby is loving that. He's probably freaking out.
Me: (the bulb over my head finally lighting up) Oh, my gosh! I was supposed to meet you at the freakin' park!

Heh. Guess I need to get in bed even earlier.

Posted @ 11:34 AM ~ 1 comments

Post a Comment