Saturday, January 14, 2006

Squeeeeeeaaal!!















(cue the Congo drums) I'm going to the PBR! I'm going to the PBR!

The Hubster picked up an Oklahoma City paper over at my in-laws' house last night and noticed an ad for the PBR (Professional Bull Riders)that is coming to OKC next weekend. One of my very favoritest things is the PBR. If you knew me very well, it would be hard to imagine that I would even like the PBR. I am a girly-girl to some extent. I like all the Bath and Body products. I love Victorian era furniture and decorations. I used to subscribe to Victoria magazine.


And I am the farthest thing from a country girl that you could get. The Hubster has been trying, to no avail, to get me to move to the country for years. Not gonna happen.

The closest I get to western apparel is a pair of jeans and tennis shoes. Although I have done it in the past, I'm too scared to get back on a horse. But the PBR is my very favorite sport to watch. I guess I live vicariously through them because there is no way on God's green earth I would ever try it. Ever.

So we're going to make a date of it. Go down the night before and rent a hotel room. Hang out in Bricktown that morning and then go get my fill of bull riding. The Hubster may not know it yet, but I will be getting a souvenir. And that's another thing. I am not a souvenir person. I would much rather save my money than buy little trinkets from wherever we've been. Until now. I'll just add this one to my PBR Christmas ornament I got in my stocking this year.

And, sis, can the kids stay with you while we're gone? :)


Posted @ 1:04 PM ~ 3 comments

Post a Comment