Friday, March 24, 2006

Bits and Pieces




Here are some shots of my children yesterday afternoon. This was after I had forced them both off the computer and threatened Drama Queen to get her to play with her brother.


It's hard to believe that we woke up to snow covering everything. Did you notice that Karate Kid is barefoot?!

Today is the day he and The Hubster go on their very first Boy Scout camping trip. I'm mildly worried. It's only going to be 29° tomorrow morning. At least the burn ban was lifted this week so they actually get to have a fire! The other thing I'm concerned about are the sleeping arrangements. Boy Scouts is about the boys, about them growing, maturing and learning to be self-sufficient. I get all that. But the boys will be sleeping in tents on the opposite side of the camp as the adults. Karate Kid's friend and possibly someone else will be sharing a tent with him. This is going to be very interesting since K.K.'s been sleeping in our floor some this week. He loves to stay up late (it's Spring Break), but he gets scared to go to bed by himself when everyone else is asleep. At least he'll have some company in his tent!

I worry about all of the stories you hear in the news about Boy Scouts leaders molesting the Scouts. That's one of the reasons The Hubster is so involved. But I also worry about one of the other boys molesting him. I have no problem with his friend that's sharing a tent with him, but how do I know that one of the other boys won't try something? Thankfully the first thing the boys have to do when they join Scouts at any level is child protection training (physical abuse and molestation).

I'm sure everything will be just fine and they'll have a great time. In the meantime, I've got lots of laundry to do to get them ready. Joy.

One last thing. Karate Kid told me last night that if they forget to take toilet paper, they can pay 50 cents per square or use a leaf. He woke up this morning and took a shower. As soon as he had his clothes on, he walked through the living room with a roll of toilet paper in his hand, on his way to put it in a Ziploc bag. After all, the Boy Scout motto is Be Prepared!


Posted @ 7:21 AM ~ 2 comments

Post a Comment