Thursday, June 01, 2006



I am fighting my natural instincts right now. I get up at 5:00 on weekday mornings so I can go walking with a friend. And I need to walk, believe you me! But 5-freeking-o'clock! Of course, if The Hubster would make his own lunch, I could eek out a few more precious minutes of sleep. That's not going to happen though.

I am a night owl. I love to stay up until about 1:00 and sleep in until I wake up on my own. Since I have to work, that's never gonna happen. But I would love to stay up later and not have to pay for it the next day. Take last night, for instance. The kiddlings were down at the neighbors' house playing. I had to call them home because The Hubster and I were headed to bed--at 8:45! It goes against everything in my life to go to bed at 9:00. I was tired when I went to bed but then got my second wind. I don't know how long it was until I went to sleep.

It has been so long since I've had a good night's sleep--and it shows. I've been "trying" to lose some weight, but I can't accomplish anything except eating the first thing my hand touches when I'm tired. And cooking? Ha! I hate cooking on a good day. By the time all the extra kids go home, all I want to do is collapse. My house looks like a tornado went through it. The mess stresses me out but apparently not enough for me to get my tired butt in gear and do something about it. Right now I feel like I am dragging my way through the day and then the next day starts before I've recovered from the previous one.

So I guess I have two options: stay up late and continue in the horrible rut I'm in right now (messy house, grouchy mood, weight creeping ever upward) or I can pretend like I'm 80 and go to bed before the sun sets. I better watch out or I'll be eating at Luby's before long.

Posted @ 8:17 AM ~ 2 comments

Post a Comment