Friday, May 12, 2006

Countdown

There are only 9 days of school left. Normally I am counting them down because I can't wait for the kids to be home. I love the laziness of summer, specifically my laziness of not having to pack lunches, check homework and get the kids to bed at a decent time. This is the first year ever that I am somewhat dreading it. I just don't know if I can handle their bickering and fighting all summer long.

Next year is going to be one tough year too. My baby is going to 6th grade. He will no longer be at the elementary school. Waaaaaa! And Drama Queen will be in 3rd grade, the year where the teachers love to torture the kids in the name of learning responsibility. That means that I am also tortured. At least we know what she will be expected to learn next year, so we'll be working on multiplication tables and cursive over the summer. I intend for us both to have a fighting chance once the new year rolls around.

So while I may be prepared to get a head start on academics, what in the world am I going to do to keep my children from killing each other over the summer? Or from sending me to the loony bin?

Posted @ 10:22 AM ~ 0 comments

Post a Comment