Friday, June 02, 2006

Stressed Much?

I am in my sister's wedding a week from tomorrow. I am also the heaviest I've ever been in my life. Including when I went to the hospital to have my children.

My mother is making the bridesmaid dresses, so she came over earlier this week to try on what she had made. The result? A nightmare. No, really, I dreamed about it that night. It was one of those I'm-late-for-a-really-important-event-and-can't-find-my-dress/hose/shoes thing. She ended up using what she had made for my sister-in-law and started over for me.

I am very short-waisted. Apparently I am short-waisted in a freaky way. Every time she makes me something, it is shorter in the front than in the back at the waist. This makes for a very fun time trying to make a dress, I'm sure. It's a good thing she can sew like a dream.

Last night Mom and my sister came back over to try again. Again, another dream. This one wasn't as bad as the first. I was going to the prom this time, and my dress was too low on the top and too sheer on the bottom. A full-length slip and a nice tummy-tucking, sucker-upper did the trick. But my ex-boyfriend was there, although this was my first ex and not the one that caused me so much grief and anguish. So maybe, just maybe, I'm feeling a little bit better about standing up in front of all these people looking like I need a big hook in my mouth and some grinning guy in a flowered shirt and Bermuda shorts standing next to me for a photo op.

Anybody know where I can buy some Spanx?

Posted @ 7:06 AM ~ 1 comments

Post a Comment