Wednesday, November 01, 2006

What Are You?

For months Drama Queen told me she was wearing her cheerleading outfit for Halloween. She gets to be what she wants, I get away with a free costume, and everybody's happy. Friday night Drama Queen went to a Halloween party at her friend's house. Fifteen minutes before we were supposed to leave, she changed her mind about being a cheerleader. I threw out suggestion after suggestion, all of which were met with her very apparent disapproval. She ended up putting on her regular clothes, declaring she was a 4yo and stomping out the door.

Last night she had gymnastics until 6:30. She had made plans to go trick-or-treating with a friend of hers, so I sent her to get her costume on as soon as she walked in the door. This is what she came out in, only the pants were pink instead of green (she wore the pink ones to school today):


Me: What are you?
DQ: Hannah Montana.
Me: I think you need a name tag. Nobody's going to know who you are.

She actually went and made a name tag that said, "Hi! I'm Hannah Montana. I rock."

Nobody questioned her costume either.

Posted @ 9:32 AM ~ 4 comments

Post a Comment