Saturday, December 02, 2006

Snow Fun

It is very rare that it snows enough in Oklahoma that we can go sledding. What is even more rare is that I break out of my warm and cozy cocoon to even go in the first place. It has been 7 years since we've been sledding. In keeping with my "slow down and enjoy the holidays" theme, I braved the cold so we could go have some family fun.

When we went 7 years ago, Drama Queen cried the whole time because she got snow in her face on the way down (the one and only time she went down) and got cold. Since she's so much older now, I figured she would have a blast. Heh. She went down a few times and then started crying because she was too light to get the sled to go as far at the bottom of the hill as the rest of us. Then she got cold. Same song, second verse.

I'm quickly coming to realize that all of the warm and fuzzy Christmas/family time memories are only perfect in the movies and Norman Rockwell paintings. But you know what? I'm having a blast making each and every memory, perfect or not.

Posted @ 4:50 PM ~ 6 comments

Post a Comment