Saturday, June 03, 2006

Can You Hear Me Now?

I've been having problems with my cell phone charging. Or not charging, actually. I plug it in, just like every other time, and get a nice little message that tells me it is unable to charge. Just when I was about to give up, I got a letter from my cell phone company telling me that since we've passed the GPS tax and my phone didn't have GPS on it, I could upgrade to a new phone for a penny. Of course I went for the deal. It was totally legit; one penny, no new contract, no other fees.

This morning The Hubster and I were doing some shopping, and I found a new purse that I really liked. I took my cell phone out to see if it would fit in one of the little pockets on the front, stuck it back in its place in my old purse, and headed home. As soon as we got home, I noticed my phone was gone. We tried calling it, but it wasn't in the truck. Back to the store, this time with a child in tow, along for the joyride and constant talking. We found it in the parking lot, with our tire tracks on it. The Hubster told me he thought he felt a little bump when he pulled out of the parking space.

Unbelievably, it still works. Just not very well. I can still make and receive calls on it, but it's got a lot of static, so I need to get it fixed. Do they have repairs at any of the three stores in our town? No. I have to drive to the "city" to get it fixed. Of course, that's only 15 miles from here, but still. And their website says they're open until 8:00 tonight, but no one will answer the @*!$ phone in the service department. My guys are leaving for Boy Scout camp tomorrow, so I guess Drama Queen and I will combine dropping the phone off with an outing to the water park where we have season passes. We're going there to celebra--er, mourn the fact that we'll be alone for a week.

Why is it that everything I get for "free" ends up costing me so much?

Posted @ 1:37 PM ~ 1 comments

Post a Comment