Thursday, September 07, 2006

On a Brighter Note

I'm not officially a member of Thursday Thirteen (because I'm not sure I could come up with a topic every week), but I'm taking Denise's challenge via Sleepy New Mommy to come up with 13 Positive Attributes about myself. This is sad to say, but I'm not sure I can come up with 13. We'll see how it goes.

Thirteen Things I Like About Myself

1. My legs. Yes, they're a little larger now than I would like, but I think they are the most attractive part of my body.

2. I am honest. If I ever even try to pull off a little white lie or a stretch of the truth, I feel immensely guilty about it. I can't even play that game (Balderdash?) where you have to try to make someone believe a lie--my face gives me away every time.

3. I am extremely loyal.

4. I love to learn. I used to copy things out of the encyclopedia when I was younger for the fun of it! Yes, I was quite nerdy when I younger--still am, probably. I am not satisfied with not knowing the answer to something--I have to look it up online, in the dictionary or wherever else I can get the answer.

5. I can crochet. I made a baby afghan for Karate Kid, an afghan with a bear dressed for karate for him, an afghan for Drama Queen with a ballerine in the middle, lots of dishcloths plus numerous other projects that I can't remember.

6. I am good with English, spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc. (although you probably can't tell by my blog because I rarely use spell check--my computer always freezes when I try).

7. I am a voracious reader and have passed that love on to my son (and still working on getting my daughter to love it too).

8. I am learning to not judge people on their looks or their beliefs. I now try to see the person and not the appearance, the blustery words, etc. I'm still learning and working on this one.

9. I am not an overprotective mother. I try to keep my children safe, of course, but I also like to give them room to explore and be kids.

10. I am not a spendthrift. I am frugal, but I also like to spend money--within reasonable limits.

11. I am not materialistic. I am satisfied, for the most part, with what I have. I don't feel the need to keep up with the Joneses, to always have the newest and best.

12. My faith and my Christianity. I've broken away from some of the things that were force-fed to me as a child, but I still hold true to God and His Word. Am I perfect? Not on your life. Do I try to be a better person? Yes.

13. I like to nickname those I love. It makes me feel that there is a special kind of bond between us. My sister has outgrown hers, but for those of you who read her blog, it's Boog (as in booger). Go read her blog and give her a hard time about it! And if you haven't read her blog, just click on the Sleepy New Mommy link at the beginning of this post or on my sidebar. Tell her Sissy sent you.


Posted @ 2:02 PM ~ 4 comments

Post a Comment