Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Busy Little Bee

How much coffee and how little sleep can a girl get without her body imploding?

I have been working on my "other" job. You know the oh-so-fabulous school uniforms that girls have to wear? The plaid "school girl" skirts? Well, there is a lady that lives a couple of towns over that supplies matching hair accessories to the stores that sell the uniforms. She makes all of the accessories for 19 of this company's stores. Correction: she hires the people that make the accessories that match the skirts that are sold in the stores in the house that Jack built.

I am one of said hired people. I have no idea how many people she employs nor all of the different kinds of accessories that are made. All I know is that I am responsible for two different kinds. And, holy crap (just for you, Meg), if I haven't been loaded down this time! This is a seasonal job, so we usually only have one order this time of year that takes two weeks for us to complete. The order this time was so huge that she split it into two 2-week orders. My first order is 306 sets (2 bows per set) of one kind and 162 bows (1 bow per set, but each bow is made up of 3 bows stacked on top of each other) of the other. I have never, ever, ever had such a huge order. I feel like I haven't seen the light of day in over a week.

I kind of want to nominate myself for the Super Woman of the Day award for yesterday (I'm sure such an award exists somewhere). I went to bed at 3:00 yesterday morning and finally fell asleep around 3:20-ish. I got up at 6:00 to get the new day started. Since I had been holed up with bows all weekend, I had never had a chance to get to the grocery store. Since my family has this crazy notion that there should be food in the house, I decided a trip to the store would be in order. And what's more fun than a trip to the store by oneself? Why, taking 6 kids all age 3 and under, of course! The fact that we all made it back in one piece and not too much worse for the wear was a huge accomplishment, if I do say so myself.

This order is due Friday, so those of you who normally see me at your blogs, don't give up on me. I'll be there as soon as I can, comment guns blazing. As soon as I have a finished product of both kinds of bows, I'll post pics. In the meantime, I can hear the whip cracking over my head, so it's back to work for me.

Posted @ 11:30 AM ~ 6 comments

Post a Comment