Monday, October 09, 2006

I'd Like to Thank the Academy...

Drama Queen has always been able to spend long amounts of time playing by herself. It is a joyous thing in our household since her older brother can’t ever be by himself. We are often treated to muffled conversations and hours of singing floating through her closed bedroom door. Her ability to be entertain herself can cause conflict at times because she is content to play whatever girlie game she desires while her brother begs, pleads, bargains and fights to get her to play with him. Different ages, different genders, big problems.

Last night I sent Drama Queen in to take a shower. I heard her say, “Pretend like I can’t swim.” That one stopped me because I was wondering who she was talking to since we were the only two at home. I shrugged it off and went on with what I was doing. Pretty soon I was treated to this award-winning performance (she had left the door open, so I had no problem hearing):

I…can’t…go…on! (accompanied by much gasping and hard breathing)

You have to!

I…can’t.

But I love you!

I’m…just…not…strong…enough.

How will I go on without you?!

I’m…

No! (insert much sobbing here)

I guess the title of this one act play was Sybil Meets Titanic.


Posted @ 10:30 AM ~ 7 comments

Post a Comment