Thursday, October 12, 2006

Halloween Meme

Kristie over at Slacker-Moms-R-Us tagged me with this meme several days ago, and I'm just now finding the time to participate.

1. What's the scariest movie you've ever seen?

I can't remember the name of the scariest one I saw because it's been many years since I've seen it. Something about gargoyles and a woman stealing people's breath.

2. What was your favorite Halloween costume from childhood?

The one that stands out in my mind the most was when I went as half boy/half girl. That costume took some doing: folding a ball cap in half and pinning it to my head, wearing pants and then rolling up one leg and pinning a skirt over the top, makeup on one half of my face, etc.

3. If you had an unlimited budget, what would your fantasy costume for this Halloween be?

If I had an unlimited budget, I'd be in a log cabin in the mountains, sitting next to a roaring fire, sipping a drink and reading a book. The river right outside the cabin would be loud enough that I'd be able to hear it in the cabin.

4. When was the last time you went trick or treating?

Well, I took the kids last year, but all I had to do was stand on the sidewalk and talk to my friend. Two years ago I actually had to walk Drama Queen up to the houses.

5. What's your favorite Halloween candy?

Dots!

6. Tell us about a scary nightmare you once had.

Good grief, where would I start? I have nightmares all the time. One that I remember from when I was younger was dreaming that someone broke into our house and killed my family. I think I found my sister stuffed in a trashcan.

7. What is your supernatural fear?

Demons.

8. What is your creepy-crawly fear?

Spiders and mice.

9. Tell us about a time you saw a ghost or heard something go bump in the night.

When I was younger, our front door was very heavy and had to be slammed to get it to shut. There was a small window in the door, and it rattled every time it was slammed. One night everyone was in bed, and I heard the door slam and the window rattle. My brother and I each had a friend spending the night, so I assumed the boys had gone outside. I went to check and found them both snoring in the living room floor. I went to see if my dad had gone outside for some reason, but he was so soundly asleep that I had a hard time waking him up. I thought maybe I had just imagined hearing it, but when I went back in my room, my friend asked me who had gone outside.

10. Would you ever stay in a real haunted house overnight?

No! I don't believe in ghosts and hauntings, but I do believe that the things people see as ghosts are really demons. No way would I ever want to stay around them!

11. Are you a traditionalist (just a face) Jack O'Lantern carver, or do you get really creative with your pumpkins?

I think I personally have only carved one pumpkin, and it was the traditional face. I much prefer painting them or leaving them be--because I'm lazy and can't stand to scrape all the stuff out.

12. How much do you decorate your home for Halloween?

Not at all. The only time I decorate is for Christmas. That one takes so long and is so intense, I think it ruined me for all other holidays/seasons.

13. What do you want on your tombstone?

Pepperoni and mushrooms. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Posted @ 8:37 AM ~ 3 comments

Post a Comment