Monday, November 28, 2005

Liar or Future Playwright?

My 8yo daughter's assignment today was to fill out a paper about "My Holiday Memory." Once filled out, the teacher was going to hang them up in the classroom, hallway, cafeteria or some other conspicuous place. Here's what Drama Queen put:

What: We had a turkey. It burnt.
When: Thanksgiving
Who: My family.
Where: My house.
Why do you like this memory? It was funny.

Pretty cute story. Except that it's a LIE! We have only cooked a turkey one time at our house (first and only time I will ever host Thanksgiving, if I can at all help it!). We did not burn the turkey (I, obviously, wasn't in charge of the turkey). Neither of my children were even alive at the time! This incident follows closely on the heels of The Amazing Drying Hair Trick from a couple of weeks ago. Having been instructed to shampoo and condition her hair, said Mistress of Tall Tales emerged from the bathroom with completely dry hair. Oh, excuse me. The bottom 1/8" of her hair was wet. After quite a lively discussion between the two of us, she proclaimed, "I did wash it. It's already dry. I had the bathroom heater turned on."

Gah! She's only 8. What am I going to do when she's a teenager?

Posted @ 9:10 PM ~ 0 comments

Post a Comment