Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Hurry Up!

I feel like I am rushing my way through my life. Even when there isn't any reason to hurry, I still move like I'm running late. I can't count how many times I've told my children to hurry up or that we're late.

The first time it was ever brought to my attention was after I had walked into and out of a room and someone asked me if I always walked that fast. I had no idea I had been walking fast! That was normal for me. And then a former boss commented that Drama Queen walks just like me (she was marching along like she was on a mission).

I'm not sure how to slow down. No matter what's going on (or not going on), I feel like I'm running behind. I can always think of a million other things that I need to get done. I LOVE to eat, but I inhale my food in less than 5 minutes usually because it seems like a waste of time. After all, I could be getting so many other things done instead.

I think that's why I love to camp. There is nothing that has to be done when I'm camping. It seems like that's the only time I can sit and relax without feeling guilty or pressured.

I would love to slow down more and enjoy my life, not just charge my way through a to-do list. Any suggestions? I'm all ears.

Posted @ 9:46 AM ~ 0 comments

Post a Comment