Thursday, June 15, 2006

Mr. Sandman, Bring Me a Dream

Right now I'm dreaming of a good long nap! I was wired at bedtime last night, so I ended up going to bed later than usual. Then Drama Queen came in over and over throughout the night. I don't even remember what she wanted the first few times, but she made it abundantly clear the last. She was crying and wanted to sleep in bed with me because she was worried that "a bad guy will come and kill you and then I won't have a mom." That's pretty intense for a little girl to worry about.

She wanted to sleep in bed with us (specifically right by me), but there just isn't room. She sat with me for a few minutes while I rubbed her back, hugged her and loved her while trying to assure her that I was okay. She tried lying (laying?) down on the edge of the bed for a few minutes, but I finally had to make her lay down in the floor instead because it was so cramped . Bless her little heart, I could hear her down there crying.

Since she frequently sleepwalks and talks in her sleep, I asked her this morning what had her so worked up to see if she even remembered any of it. She remembered being upset but didn't know what started it all. She said she could feel the dried tears on her face. Breaks my heart all over again.

Posted @ 9:28 AM ~ 0 comments

Post a Comment