Sunday, June 11, 2006

Back to "Normal"

The wedding is over, which means my stress is over. I made it through without flashing anybody (I think). And once I got into my dress and got busy getting things ready, I sort of forgot how bad I looked. Of course, losing the ring makes everything else come into perspective very quickly!

Yes, I lost my brother-in-law's wedding ring. He has huge hands, so his ring was big even on my thumb. I wore it around for a few minutes and then went to put more lipstick on. A few minutes later I gasped so loudly that everyone in the whole room heard me. Had I been thinking, I would have made a very quiet announcement so my sister didn't hear what happened. But I was so startled that I blurted out, "I can't find the ring!" If I thought I was panicked before...And my poor sister was probably beside herself.

We searched the room several times over and couldn't find it. I even looked in the pocket of my purse where I keep my lipstick. Out of desperation, I finally dumped the entire contents of my purse. And, praise God and all that is holy, there it was! I put it back on and curled my hand into a fist. I never opened my fingers again until it was time to give the ring to my dad (the preacher) during the ceremony. I thought they were going to have to pry my fingers open to get it because my fingers were so stiff and sore by that time.

There were a few things that didn't happen exactly like my sister had planned it, but it was a wonderful wedding. The setting was perfect: on the top of a hill overlooking the lake. There were lots of tall trees to provide shade, and it was neat to look out and see sailboats off in the distance.

We all had a part of some sort: I was the Matron of Honor, The Hubster video taped it, Karate Kid was an usher and seated my mom, and Drama Queen was a Jr. Bridesmaid and was in charge of pulling my 6mo niece down the aisle in a wagon. A-dor-able! Drama Queen has talked of nothing else since last night. She's already wanting to be in another wedding, although I think she's going to be highly disappointed since we don't have any other weddings on the horizon.

I'll post a few pics when we get them. And, Kailani, I may even post one of me in *gasp* The Dress. It's back to shorts and T-shirts for me, thankyouverymuch.

Posted @ 7:26 PM ~ 1 comments

Post a Comment