Friday, June 16, 2006

Procrastination, Thy Name is Tonya

Did you know this Sunday is Father's Day? Did you know that I haven't bought one single thing for any of the dads in my life? Not a gift, not a card, not a tie in sight. There's something about Mother's Day and Father's Day that make me drag my feet. I think a lot of it has to do with coordinating visitation schedules with each of our families. I just really hate to spend the whole day driving from one house to the other.

This year will be much easier because my dad is in Canada (I just realized he left yesterday and neither one of us called the other!), and we are doing the in-law thing Saturday night instead of Sunday.

So here's what I get for waiting until the last minute: I know what The Hubster wants, but I'm not sure where to get it. No matter where I go, I will have to drive to another town to pick it up. In the rain. Well, I assume it's going to rain because we have a 70% chance for tomorrow. Maybe I'll be able to dodge the showers long enough to run get it and get back.

How many of you buy all the gifts for every occasion no matter if it's your family or his? Me too. You know what? I'm going to have The Hubster buy his own dad a gift. How's that?! It'll be cash, but who cares. One less thing for me to have to worry about, and we all know that it's all about me.

Posted @ 6:58 AM ~ 1 comments

Post a Comment