Monday, December 12, 2005

The Best Laid Plans...




Every year I vow I am going to slow down, really enjoy the Christmas season, fill my children with warm snuggly memories, blah, blah, blah. So why should this year be any different?

Last night we sat down for our first of many (I hope) Family Meetings (cue trumpets). We discussed how crazy our schedule is this week, all of us going in different directions. I declared Friday night family night. We would stay home, rent Christmas movies, and just have some family together time. It would be a Norman Rockwell evening, with a fire (even though we can't use the fireplace right now), snuggling on the couch (Shut up. I can too let people into "my" space every once in awhile) and peace and love amongst all of us.

Well that idea lasted all of 30 minutes. My friend phoned to tell me that her daughter's birthday party is that night, and could Drama Queen please come and also spend the night. Had this been just an invitation to play or spend the night, I might have actually stuck to my guns and held out for Warm Fuzzies Family Night. However, I am not about to make my child skip her best friend's birthday party. I may be mean, but I'm not that mean. Besides, can you imagine the reaction I would get from Drama Queen (note the word Drama)? Nope, I actually have a self-preservation gene that tends to dominate every now and then.

So, I may be the only one watching Christmas movies and making memories, but at least I'll be able to hear the TV!

Posted @ 3:49 PM ~ 0 comments

Post a Comment