Sunday, December 04, 2005

Silent Night--Not!

The noise has returned. The Hubster and Karate Kid got back last night from their hunting trip. Karate Kid had a fabulously, wonderful time. I can't tell you how exciting that is for me. I'm sure some of you are totally against hunting, but I was raised in a hunting family. When my husband is out hunting (which is very rarely), all is right with my world.

But with their return comes the noise. Oh, the noise. It isn't just that Karate Kid talks most of the time or that he cannot ever, ever walk through a room. It must always be a flying leap from one end of the room to the other, preferably with the aid of some piece of furniture. Or his sister. No, the noise comes from the fighting.

If I never heard my children fuss with each other again, it would be too soon. Actually, I would probably keel over dead from disbelief. What breaks my heart is that they never fought until Karate Kid hit 1st grade. I'm not sure what happened. It might be the attitude he picked up from the cable shows he was voraciously watching, since we did not have cable installed until then. It might be that he was the self-imposed boss of Drama Queen and all the kiddos I watch until he started school full-time. I could actually pinpoint the exact time that Drama Queen threw on her cape and stepped into the role, crown shining brightly for all to see. Thus began the power struggle, the dethroned ruler fighting the usurper. And the struggle lives on. And on. Forever and ever, amen.

Posted @ 9:24 PM ~ 1 comments

Post a Comment