Friday, December 30, 2005

"I'm Bored"

Why, why, why does Drama Queen insist on whining this phrase over and over? It's a trap, and I know it. No matter what I suggest, it won't be anything she wants to do. I'll end up frustrated with her because she'll continue to tell me how bored she is despite my best efforts to help her find something to do. You know what? It's okay to be bored. It's even good for her imagination. If I rescue her every time she's bored, she'll never learn to occupy herself. So there.

She seems to have herself occupied for the moment. She has one of the dogs cornered on the couch, and she's singing, "I like it, I love it, I want some more of it. I try so hard. I can't get my nuggets." My apologies to Tim McGraw for the butchering of the lyrics!

Posted @ 2:35 PM ~ 2 comments

Post a Comment