Monday, June 26, 2006

Blue

I've got the blues today. PMS always does that to me. That's probably more than you wanted to know, but I could go into oh, so much more. Like the time--just kidding I wouldn't subject you to that.

Making my life even more fun, I have an infant/child CPR and First Aid class to go to tonight and tomorrow night.* I have to renew every year or every other year, depending on how long the certificate is good. I dread going to this class every time. As you may have read on some of my earlier posts, I am very shy in groups. One-on-one, not too bad, but the group thing just kills me. Not only do I have to be around lots of people I don't know, I have to perform in front of them.

I have never, ever liked being the center of attention. I remember crying on stage as a young child because my church children's choir was singing. Instead of singing, I cried and rubbed my eyes. My mom was the director, and my dad was the music director for the church. They must have been so proud.

Look in my closet and you'll find mostly tan and navy blue. I don't want to stand out or draw attention to myself. I like to walk into a room and fade into the woodwork. Blending in, that's key for me.

My sister and I are alike in many ways and total opposites in others. I hate being late ('cause that attracts attention, dontcha know), but I never want to be more than 5 minutes early. Any earlier than that and I am forced to try to come up with conversation with those around me that consists of more than "How are you?" or "Where are you from?". My sis, on the other hand, never likes to be anywhere less than 15 minutes early. I would sit in the car if I was ever that early! Since I've had children, it hasn't ever really been a problem for me to get anywhere early.

So I guess I'll just have to buck up and deal with the situation--or have a nice little drink or two before I go.

*For those of you new to my site, I have a licensed in-home child care.

Posted @ 1:28 PM ~ 0 comments

Post a Comment