Thursday, June 29, 2006

Happy Thoughts

I normally don't do the list things, like Way Back Wednesday or Far Out Friday, but I was reading one of my favorite blogs, The Pink Diary, and really enjoyed her Thursday Thirteen topic of "Thirteen Things that Make Me Happy." Since I tend to be a glass-half-empty person, I like the idea of thinking about things that make me happy.

1. Propped up in bed with my children on either side of me, reading to them. When I pictured motherhood, that's one I always dreamed about.

2. Sunday afternoon naps. Because of the nature of my dad's job (pastor) and my mom's involvement (church pianist), Sundays were always busy. Naps were cherished time in our household. Although I didn't take naps after first grade, I quickly adopted them again in high school and continue to this day.

3. Getting lost in a good book. 'Nuff said.

4. Camping. Once again a product of my childhood. Camping is one thing that really helps me slow down and relax.

5. Lying in the hammock. Great memories of time spent at my grandparents' house.

6. Playing games with my family.

On one unhappy note, if you pray, please pray for my brother. He was diagnosed with diabetes 12 years ago. He's been having problems with his eyes hemorraging, and just got news that the surgery he just had last month didn't work. He's now facing another surgery on July 13th. In all actuality, he will be blind, it's just a matter of how long they can hold it off. The part that really breaks my heart? He's only 32.

Posted @ 2:02 PM ~ 1 comments

Post a Comment