Monday, July 10, 2006

Unexpected Fun

Saturday both of my kiddos were invited to a birthday party/sleepover (birthday boy was Karate Kid's friend and Drama Queen was invited to occupy little sister). Their first item on the agenda was to go to the nearby amusement park. Drama Queen mentioned something about me riding with her and was truly surprised that I wasn't going. Karate Kid mentioned it too, and I told him I didn't have the money to go. Here's where I get all misty-eyed--my son, miser of all misers, offered to let me use his allowance money to go with them.

Long story short, I ended up going with them because we were getting the birthday rate instead of the usual entrance fee (and the birthday boy's mom ended up paying for me and another mother that went). The kids and I had a blast. Drama Queen surprised me by riding a ride with me that I never in a million years thought she would get on. Karate Kid rode my favorite ride with me 5 times in a row. Gotta love that!

***
On the topic of fun, Karate Kid made a comment Friday afternoon that has stuck in the back of my head. I was lying on the couch trying to get rid of the excrutiating headache that had bothered me all day. I told him, "If this headache ruins my fun tonight, I'm going to be mad. All of the fun things I've planned this week will be ruined for me. First my tooth ruined my 4th of July, and now my movie will be ruined if I don't get over this headache." He thought for a second and then came back with, "Is that all of the fun things you had planned for yourself?!" I thought having two things planned in one week was pretty good. Guess I'm going to have to work on incorporating more daily fun, huh?

Posted @ 9:17 AM ~ 0 comments

Post a Comment